IMPLEMENTING A CIRCULAR
ECONOMY-BASED WASTE MANAGEMENT
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
The Circular Based Waste Management project aims to address INNOVATIONS IN WASTE COLLECTION and RECYCLING towards implementing the circular economy based waste management.
More specifically, the target is to improve environmental performance in three different municipalities by addressing legal issues, infrastructure and technologies in the way that increase recycling level, reduce landfills, and helps reaching EU targets related to waste management and establishing a long-term path for the circular economy future.
THE EU WASTE MANAGEMENT TARGETS
The European Commission has set targets common for all EU countries for the reduction and management of waste and recycling. Among the targets are:
- Recycling of 65% municipal waste by 2030
- Recycling of 75% of packaging waste by 2030
- Measure to promote and re-use of waste items
- Reducing landfill waste to a maximum of 10% of municipal waste by 2030
- A ban on landfilling of separately collected waste
- Incentives for producers to put green products on the market and to support recycling schemes
WHAT IS A CIRCULAR ECONOMY?
In this week’s webinar we were offered a glimpse of the source separation system used in the municipalities of the Grenland region in Norway